Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ohm Vs. Kirchhoff's Law !!

As learned in class, the Ohm law says that the current that goes through a conductor between two give points is directly proportional to the potential difference or the voltage. The current is inversely proportional to the resistance. Given the triangle :






We can figure out from this triangle relationship of ohm's law that :

V= IR
I = V/R
R= V/I


Kirchhoff's Law is based on two equalities that deal with the conservation of charge and energy in the circuits.
Figure 1(a) (circuit4.png)Figure 1(b) (circuit4a.png)

For Series Circuit:

Current:
It = I1 = I2 = I 3...=In

Potential Difference:
Vt = V1 + V2 + V 3...+Vn

Resistance:
Rt =R1 + R2 + R 3...+Rn


For Parallel Circuit:

Current:
It = I1 +I2 + I 3...+In

Potential Difference:
Vt = V1 =V2 =V 3...=Vn

Resistance:
1/Rt =1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R 3...+1/Rn



No comments:

Post a Comment